Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Introducing....Handmade By Cosmo!


This week, I have another FUN Etsy shop and owner to introduce you to: Cindy Friend from Handmade By Cosmo. Cindy creates handmade critters...some of the cutest critters you've ever seen:)


Each of Cindy's Critters is HANDSTITCHED! She has many different critters to choose from...and each can be customized. Their sizes range from Big to Bitsy and Itsy. You can customize your critter by choosing your color. 

Wouldn't these make the cutest gifts??? And the smaller critters would look SO cute peeking out of the top of a Christmas stocking! But, they aren't just for kids. Put one on your desk at work, on the dash of your car...or wake up to one on your nightstand in the morning:)



Cindy (creator of Handmade by Cosmo) answered a few questions for me...check out her answers below to get an idea of who is creating these cute little critters:) There is a very touching story behind her Etsy Shop.

1. Tell us a little about yourself


 I am a 53 year old girl that can't believe she is 53, but I LOVE the age I am. I am old enough to care a little bit about what people think of me, but not enough to change who I am to please them. I have lived long enough to gain some wisdom to not make  the same mistakes I've made before, but still young enough to want to try new things.

2. What drew you to working with felt? 



I have been a seamstress since I was 13, but I have been doing hand sewing since I was 9. I find the intricate stitches of making my felt Critters very pleasing to my eyes, and to my psyche. I love making them.

3. Where do you find your inspiration?



Where do I find my inspiration? My inspiration to start making my felt Critters came from a friend of mine on a blog site called Xanga. She is a wonderfully hardworking, loving woman who would do and did anything and everything for her children. She was diagnosed with Cancer in one of her kidneys. I made her a Unicorn, had a good long talk with God on my front porch one day, and she got well. Her husband was diagnosed with Cancer, I made him a deer. He got well. I truly believe that the prayers I say when I'm creating Critters carry over to the one receiving. That gives me hope, and makes me strive for the most perfection. 

4. Which of the items in your shop do you most enjoy making?



The Critters that I enjoy making the most are the ones that I know someone wants. I love creating something that I know they will love. While I am confident that what I make for them, they will love, it's always nice to get a good feedback. I'm always relieved that they love what I made for them.

5. What do you enjoy to do when you aren't creating?



When I'm not creating...seems like, at this particular point in time I'm always creating...but what I love to do, besides creating...I love to go to dog shows, agility and obedience are my favorite, I used to show my Great Dane in obedience...I love going to craft shows and flea markets, and I love staying home in my jammies, creating more felt Critters. If I had one wish, I'd wish that my sweetheart would enjoy going to things like that with me. 
***I just want to include that I so much enjoy and love my friends in the Artists Loft group. 


Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly




2 comments:

  1. This is such a great post about Cindy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newest fan here from Audrey's Linky Love.
    Be sure to check out my blog for Handmade artists called "It's A Handmade World". If you follow you can post some of your items for all to see. There are pages for buttons to your shops and blogs as well. Check it out, look around, and enjoy.
    http://www.hopesanddreamsstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete